Automation for your IBM Power Data Center
Dynamic Power Cloud Manager (DPCM) is the modern cloud and data center management tool for IT organizations to realize the full potential of mission-critical Power Systems.
developed by Axians
Schedule demo & request access to a test environment
MANAGE YOUR POWER SYSTEM
Modern Solution for
IBM Power Systems
Axians Dynamic Power Cloud Manager is a comprehensive and reliable automation and administration solution for the IBM POWER environment. DPCM can be used for all virtual server system management tasks for IBM Power Systems running AIX, IBM i, Linux and SAP HANA.
Instead of deploying systems manually and performing time-consuming administrative tasks, DPCM sits on the front end of your IBM Power System deployment and provides a modern, web-based user interface. The result is an intuitive and automated way to manage your enterprise’s virtual server architecture.
In this video, Product Manager Christian Heitkamp and Business Development Lead Trent Gregory discuss some of the many features and benefits of DPCM.
Modern Cloud & Datacenter Management Built for IBM Power
For many IT professional and managers working in today’s world, terms like AS/400, AIX, POWER or VIOS seem old fashioned. So it might be a surprise to learn that, according to IBM, 8 out of 10 top retailers, 8 out of 10 top insurance companies, 10 out of 10 of the top Telcos, and 10 out of 10 of the top banking firms run IBM Power Systems.
Google runs it, and so do Uber and PayPal, to name but a few. And Axians is helping more than 60 customers in central Europe to install, operate, and automate IBM Power System data centers. Read more
Easy-to-use and affordable
In the world of IBM Power Systems, the terms “easy” and “affordable” are not commonly used. This is because running an IBM Power System infrastructure is tricky and requires deep understanding of network topology, hardware systems, cabling, resource management, firmware, and much more.
IBM Power Systems are not available “off the shelf” in the same way as x86 systems are, for good reason: all components are tuned to balance each other out and work efficiently together. Read more
State Of The Art Front End
IBM Power Systems are here to stay; no matter how old you are, it is almost certain that you will retire before the last IBM Power System is moved out of the data center. But why do we still need to work with old-fashioned front-ends, archaic command lines, self-written scripts, and so on? After all, nowadays we have automation tools such as Ansible.
We also have HTML5, React, and Node.js – technologies that are being used to build remarkable, award-winning front-end interfaces and Websites. Read more
Providing energy savings
Dynamic Power Cloud Manager (DPCM) is a cloud and data center management tool for IT organizations to realize the full potential of mission-critical Power Systems. By only running the servers that are in use, DPCM provides significant energy savings – 30%.
Your Operational Benefits of DPCM
Compliance & Monitoring
- Role-based access control
- Over 30 pre-defined roles
- Full auditing of user actions
- System & LPAR Monitoring including real-time and historical data
- DPCM also provides a complete inventory of hardware and software
Self-Service and Delegation
- All Power Systems administration tasks can be delegated
- Self-Service can be provided to server owners
- Remove the inherent account limitation of Power Systems
Standardization & Deployment
- Use Virtual Machine (VM) template
- Create your data center definitions
- Changes in the Power System environment are standardized and audited
- Naming conventions can be enforced
- Labels provide information for chargeback and structure
- Quick and Easy Migrations and updates – with no downtime
- Deploy DPCM in your data center, or provide it to customers in the Cloud
- Remote account delegation
Migration and Upgrade
- Easy migration between Power generations (with no downtime)
- Supports HMC and VIOS upgrades at scale.
- No need to worry about support of new Power generations. DPCM comes with updates and maintenance
Your Financial Benefits of DPCM
Save Time & Money
- Automation is key. DPCM automates your routine tasks
- DPCM brings ease-of-use to IBM Power Systems, meaning less learning and faster adoption
- Integration into your business processes through the use of APIs
- Responsive and ultra-fast front end
- Do more with less
- Right-size with Load Advisor giving you immediate return on investment
Trusted and Proven
- Enterprise Proven – 10+ years in market and over 10,000 cores licensed (and growing)
- New DPCM X with expanded range of features and functions
- DPCM Power Experience Center – try it with no obligation!
Improve Availability & Scalability
- Disaster recovery within minutes , including the ability to script and deploy images in case of an outage and initiate deployment recreation
- DPCM runs independently in a Docker container
- Non-invasive for PowerVC, HMC or VIOS. DPCM is deployed “on-top”
- Dramatically faster handling vs. existing processes
DPCM latest News
Webinar: LPAR Deployment – schnell und einfach
Titel: „Webinar: LPAR Deployment - schnell und einfach“ Beschreibung: Seit über 20 Jahren betreuen wir bei der Axians IBM [...]
Announcement DPCM X 10.2
Dear DPCM-Customer, last week we have announced the new DPCM X Release 10.2 at DPCM User-Group-Meeting in Würzburg, which is [...]
New Release: DPCM R1 1.8.11 & DPCM X 10.1
A new DPCM R1 and DPCM X Release are available now. It is recommended to update DPCM R1 servers to [...]
DPCM in Numbers
FAQ and Support
All IBM Power servers and blade systems from POWER 5.
Also, no risk is posed to other cluster nodes, e.g. when deleting an LPAR from a cluster.
For VSCSI, DPCM also supports the creation of disk maps for involved cluster nodes, in addition to the targeted removal of specific disk maps of individual LPARs.
In so doing, DPCM ensures that the correct adapters are used. Load balancing of the LPM processes also alternatively takes place via the VIOs.
DPCM supports the use of non-bridged (V)LANs for the mobility process in order to be able to utilize 10 Gbit, bypassing the 1000 MBit admin LAN, also when the VIO itself doesn’t possess a bridged 10 Gbit VLAN with IP.
In SEA failover designs, the advantage offered by this solution is that the hypervisor relieves loading during LPM and can be effectively used during load balancing via the VIOs without creating an additional CPU load. This provides for significantly faster LPM migration, also for systems subjected to high loading.
Simple, intuitive management of a highly virtualized enterprise Unix platform translates into cost savings and the IT staff can concentrate on other, more pressing tasks.
Administration of IBM Power environment without external support. Creation and administration of LPAR profiles made easy and fast disaster recovery
Reduce maintenance costs, administrative overhead and operational complexity. Increase security, reliability, and scalability.